This series is about my progress through Steven K Scott’s book The Richest Man Who Ever Lived. Here’s my process of Vision Mapping that will take me from distracted and unplanned to focused and well planned.
Step 2: Write down your most important desires, dreams, and/or projects from each area of improvement and prioritize them.
Area #1: My Relationship with God
- Walk in intimate fellowship with God and steward His presence so that it can be felt everywhere I go.
- Read the entire Bible and know it well.
- Create an evangelistic devotional series/book centered around the cross of Jesus Christ
Area #5: Work
- Have a full time job or two part time jobs with a total of 40 or more hours a week
- Excel in my workplace by going above and beyond
- Teach STEM college night/online classes and tutoring
- Start an orphanage in a foreign country
- Have my own successful Etsy shop
Area #6: School
- Complete my Bachelor’s degree in Textile or Aerospace Engineering with a 3.5 GPA or more
- Earn my p.h.d. in cosmology or physics
- Get enough scholarship money/financial aid to lower the financial burden of getting through school
Area #7: Home Life
- Maintain a clean and organized home that doesn’t smell like the pets that live there
- Make minor repairs around the house
Area #8: Health
- Tone up and stay toned up
- Consistently eat 3 meals a day
- Take my vitamins
- Have healthy and natural hair
Area #9: Community/Volunteering
- Become a regular volunteer at a Children’s Home, Church, or other non-profit
- Organize a clean-up of the roadsides around Pensacola
This took me quite a few days to complete and I’m sure I’ll go back and add things. I didn’t include Areas 2-4 because they are of a more personal nature. The next step is to take each “desire, dream, or project” and break it down into a list of goals. This step is gonna take some time so I’ll probably break Step 3 into a lot of posts.
Again the purpose of all of this is to have a plan for the future so that you can set small goals and attain them. We have to start from the big picture and analyze and plan everything in order to figure out what the little steps are.
“The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty surely to poverty.” Prov 21:5
Hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you think!